*Excluded from promotions.
Botanical Perfumery Class
2.5 Hour Zoom Instruction with Blending Workshop (Botanical Perfumery Kit bundle option also available)
Explore the rich history and elusive mystery of botanical essences as we indulge our senses in exquisite, otherworldly aromas. We will cover the foundation and art of natural perfumery, and then engage in a blending workshop where you will create your very own signature scent from a botanical perfumer’s organ of 18 key absolutes and essential oils. The class is taught by Carole Addison-Goyne, who has spent the past three decades in the botanical perfume and aromatherapy fields. She will share key conepts from her mentor, Mandy Aftel and Mandy's Slow Scent® method in this class, paying homage to one of the brilliant people who has paved the way for modern natural perfumery. It is Carole's honor to keep the ripple effect of knowledge and wisdom flowing within this beautiful craft through her classes, and she invites you to be a part of that!
- Online Class via Zoom
- Multiple Dates Available (see dropdown menu)
- Two Registration Options:
- $75 Registration Includes: Workbook & Aftelier Natural Perfume Wheel ©
- $290 Registration Includes: Workbook, Aftelier Natural Perfume Wheel © and the additional materials required for full participation via The Botanical Perfumery Kit. If you do not register for the class + kit bundle, we recommend that you still have all of these materials on hand to get the most out of the class.
ABOUT THE KIT
This Botanical Perfumery Kit provides you with all of the materials you will need during the class and and long afterwards to serve you in your perfumery practice. Your miniature perfume organ includes some of the most important notes used in creating botanical perfumes. Arranged from top to bottom there are 6 top, 6 middle, and 6 base notes secured safely in a treasure box . The selection of these 18 notes was curated by Mandy Aftel. We created the Botanical Perfumery Kit to accompany our classes and to stir your imagination with timeless aromas.
Create your own custom perfumes with this collection of absolutes, essential oils, and perfume diluents. Just as musicians compose songs with musical notes, perfumers compose perfumes with fragrance notes. There are over 7 million different combinations that can be constructed with this curated selection of aromas, based on the formulation guidelines included in the instructional booklet. Infuse dreams, memories, and stories into your unique perfume chords as you relish your artistic journey!
THE KIT INCLUDES
- Educational Online Workshop
- Workbook including Formula Sheets (organized for notes during the workshop)
- Botanical Perfumery Kit of 18 Essences (13x 5 mL and 5 x 1 mL) in Treasure Box
- Absolutes of Jasmine (1 mL), Lavender, Nutmeg (1 mL), Rose (1 mL), Labdanum (1 mL), and Tobacco (1 mL). Essential Oils of Black Pepper, Douglas Fir, Ginger, Grapefruit, Ho Wood, Lime, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Patchouli, Peru Balsam, and Vetiver.
- Instructional Booklet
- Aftelier Natural Perfume Wheel©
- Roll-on Bottle, 10 mL (filled with 7 mL of Jojoba Oil for the perfume you will make during class)
- Roll-on Bottle, 5 mL x 3 (for Jojoba Oil-based perfume to make outside of class)
- Perfume Spray Bottle, 5 mL (for Alcohol or Fractionated Coconut Oil-based perfume to make outside of class)
- Jojoba Oil Perfume Diluent, 30 mL
- Fractionated Coconut Oil Perfume Diluent, 30 mL
- Scent Strips x 50
- Scent Strip Holders x 4
- Cards for Scent Strip Holders x 4
- Piece of Wool (to smell when nose becomes fatigued)
- Glass Droppers x 2
- Glass Vials, 4 dram (14.8 mL) x 4
- Sheet of blank labels for vials
Our Nomad Botanicals Founder, Carole, has been in the botanical perfumery and aromatherapy field for 30 years. Early on, she set off to become a perfumer after being inspired by one of her original mentors, Meg DeWeese. She studied chemistry in preparation for her dream of attending the prestigious perfume school, ISIPCA in Versailles. After visiting the school and delving deeper into the field, Carole discovered that while she was enticed by the romance of becoming an official "Nose" by following a traditional perfumery path, her true passion existed in the world of botanical essences vs. synthetic ones. Carole embraced this change of direction and was fortunate to study with world renowned mentors along her path. She apprenticed and worked with Kurt Schnaubelt for years and eventually taught aromatherapy certification classes with him. Carole was also influenced by the pioneering botanical legacy of Horst Rechelbacher during her 15-year tenure as an executive with Aveda. She has journeyed through multiple Slow Scent® Natural Perfumery Certifications with Mandy Aftel and is honored to share Mandy's legendary natural perfume concepts with you!