ESSENTIAL OIL | 5 ML
Travel through ceremonies as old as time through the aroma of Frankincense.
This sacred resin has been central to large spiritual gatherings as well as moments of solitude. Often experienced per fumus (“through smoke”), it embodies something we love about perfumes, themselves. It smells as otherworldly as it can make us feel. Its effect in elevating the spirit is, perhaps, one of the reasons it has stood the test of time. The very purpose for the resin is to heal the wounds of the tree from which it comes. When the tree is injured from damage to the bark or harsh environmental conditions, the resinous gum is secreted to heal and also protect it from pathogens, invaders, or further damage to its vulnerable wound. Countless testimonials abound at how Frankincense essential oil is healing to our skin in much the same way it is to the tree. Like a guardian and a warrior at once, it is no wonder Frankincense is as highly regarded for its ability to elevate the spirit along with caring for our mortal bodies.
We are so honored to share this beautiful Frankincense, directly from the producer in Vermont. With a direct route from the tree in Northern Somalia (Somaliland) to the still in Vermont, these people of integrity who harvest and hydro-distill this organic Frankincense have a product and message carried forward on a route, all the way back to the roots themselves.
- Botanical Name: Boswellia carteri
- Plant Part: Resin
- Quality: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Hydro-distilled
- Origin: Northern Somalia (Somaliland)
- Source: Directly from the Producer
- Aroma Note: Base
- Aroma Nuances: Resinous, warm, dry, with hints of light citrus
Integrity and quality are at the heart of our mission at Nomad Botanicals. We source our single origin essential oils and absolutes directly from trusted ethical sources and directly from the producer as often as possible. We also distill essential oils ourselves, from time to time. With more than 25 years of experience in the aromatherapy field, we feel honored and humbled to share our life's work with you, so you can enjoy the awe-inspiring benefits of botanicals.
- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
- Skin sensitization if oxidized (Tisserand, Robert and Rodney Young. Essential Oil Safety, 2nd ed., 2014)
- If essential oils come into unwanted contact with skin or mucous membranes, a traditional method for mitigating this is to douse the area in a fatty/carrier oil. Common kitchen oils like olive oil are effective. Essential oils are lipophilic, meaning they love oils and fats. This is why they are drawn to the fatty/carrier oil. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they hate water. For this reason, putting water on the skin will push the essential oil further into the skin.
- The FDA has not evaluated information on our website. The information is based on traditional uses and does not come with any claims on diagnosing, treating, healing, curing, or preventing any diseases or conditions.
- Extra precautions or avoidance of essential oils are recommended for people who are: children, elderly, pregnant or nursing, or have medical conditions.