One of the most widely produced Lavenders is actually a hybrid of two different Lavenders that cross-pollinate (Lavandula angustifolia & Lavandula spica), and it is called Lavandin. Lavandin grosso & Lavandin abrialis are two of the most popular varieties. Lavandin grows more prolifically and yields more essential oil than True or cloned Lavender. Lavandin has a higher camphor content, giving it a cleaner, sharper, more herbal aroma, and is a good choice for daily clenasing rituals...from baths and showers to cleaning the air around you as you diffuse it.
- Botanical Names: Lavandin grosso and Lavandin abrialis
- Plant Part: Buds & Stalks
- Quality: ECOCERT Organic (L.abrialis) and Organic (L. grosso)
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Origins of Two Offerings: France & California
- Source: Both L. abrialis and grosso are directly from the Producer. L. grosso was hand-harvested and distilled by Nomad Botanicals.
- Note: Top
- Aroma Nuances: Green, herbal, fresh, clean
CALIFORNIAN LAVANDIN GROSSO
We reunited with Beekman & Beekman Apary and Farm to harvest and distill their gorgeous organic Lavandin grosso (a Lavender hybrid). For give generations, the Beekmans have lived in harmony with nature. Originally a dairy farm, the California family business evolved into an apiary dotted by majestic Lavender fields, creating a bee's paradise in their land of milk and honey.
We've distilled their various Lavenders and Lavandins over the years, and we're so excited to share with you our latest treasures from their organic Lavandin grosso crop.
FRENCH LAVANDIN ABRIALIS
We are honored to share this exquisite Lavandin abrialis with you directly from the Diois region of Southeastern France. It captures the heart and soul of the land where Lavender originated. This French Lavandin is an excellent essential oil to incorporate into your daily cleansing rituals...from baths and showers to cleaning the air around you as you diffuse it. May you be transported to the glorious French fields, touched by the magical and wild Mistral winds.
Integrity and quality are at the heart of our mission at Nomad Botanicals. We source our single origin essential oils and absolutes directly from trusted ethical sources and directly from the producer as often as possible. We also distill essential oils ourselves, from time to time. With more than 25 years of experience in the aromatherapy field, we feel honored and humbled to share our life's work with you, so you can enjoy the awe-inspiring benefits of botanicals.
- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
- If essential oils come into unwanted contact with skin or mucous membranes, a traditional method for mitigating this is to douse the area in a fatty/carrier oil. Common kitchen oils like olive oil are effective. Essential oils are lipophilic, meaning they love oils and fats. This is why they are drawn to the fatty/carrier oil. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they hate water. For this reason, putting water on the skin will push the essential oil further into the skin.
- The FDA has not evaluated information on our website. The information is based on traditional uses and does not come with any claims on diagnosing, treating, healing, curing, or preventing any diseases or conditions.
- Extra precautions or avoidance of essential oils are recommended for people who are: children, elderly, pregnant or nursing, or have medical conditions.