Be transported to the serene lavender fields that surround Southern France and Greece. We are so delighted to offer two versions of True Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), grown from seed. Explore the nuances of France and Greece in each beautiful essential oil.
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Plant Part: Buds & Stalks
- Quality: ECOCERT Organic (French) and DIO Organic (Greek)
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Origins of Two Offerings: France & Greece
- Source: Directly from the Producer
- Note: Middle
- Aroma Nuances: Green, herbal, & fresh with undertones of sweet honey
Travel through legend and lore to the vivid places that define Greek Mythology. We are so grateful to offer this special, organic Lavender essential oil, which was cultivated and produced by a family in the heart of Greece. A vibrant splash of purple paints the landscape at the base of Mount Parnassus, a bold mountain that appears in Greek Mythology as if it were a character itself. The majestic nature of the terroir is reflected in the aroma and life force of this exquisite Lavender. Breathe in the richness of the land that is imparted in the essential oil, and feel a sense of calm as though you’re lying at the base of the beautiful mountain amid the Lavender backdrop. Unmistakably present in each drop are elements of care and quality, imparted by the family hands that nurtured it from seed to oil.
We are honored to share some of the finest organic Lavender in the world with you directly from the Diois region of Southeastern France. It captures the heart and soul of the land where Lavender originated. This French Lavender has the complexity required to deliver the most calming benefits Lavender can offer, along with a warm sweet smell that transports you to the glorious French fields, touched by the magical and wild Mistral winds.
Integrity and quality are at the heart of our mission at Nomad Botanicals. We source our single origin essential oils and absolutes directly from trusted ethical sources and directly from the producer as often as possible. We also distill essential oils ourselves, from time to time. With more than 25 years of experience in the aromatherapy field, we feel honored and humbled to share our life's work with you, so you can enjoy the awe-inspiring benefits of botanicals.
- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
- If essential oils come into unwanted contact with skin or mucous membranes, a traditional method for mitigating this is to douse the area in a fatty/carrier oil. Common kitchen oils like olive oil are effective. Essential oils are lipophilic, meaning they love oils and fats. This is why they are drawn to the fatty/carrier oil. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they hate water. For this reason, putting water on the skin will push the essential oil further into the skin.
- The FDA has not evaluated information on our website. The information is based on traditional uses and does not come with any claims on diagnosing, treating, healing, curing, or preventing any diseases or conditions.
- Extra precautions or avoidance of essential oils are recommended for people who are: children, elderly, pregnant or nursing, or have medical conditions.